Skip to main content

Topic: Music thread (Read 78274 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Music thread
Reply #1815
Funnily enough, I was listening to Goody 2 Shoes the other day, and wondered if he still played it live given that one verse is basically slagging off Kevin Rowland from Dexys so would be a bit dated (references to pound notes aside!)

He actually made some really interesting stuff across his career. Bona fide lunatic as well, which always helps.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Jüânfrân
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1816
Little Mix tonight. Wow.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #1817
I've never heard little mix (or know the first thing about them), but I'm pretty sure that i don't have to, to know that they are sh!t.

• Seán
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1818
I think jp is our resident little mix-er.

I've said before that I the only one I'd even recognise is 'clubbed baby seal mix' as she's clearly the spokesperson.

I'm not sure I could name a single song, though.

Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1819
I think jp is our resident little mix-er.

I've said before that I the only one I'd even recognise is 'clubbed baby seal mix' as she's clearly the spokesperson.

I'm not sure I could name a single song, though.

No, my daughter is. I just shell out stupid amounts for the tickets.

• pantzcat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1820
I accidentally saw them on stage when they did that F1 thing at Trafalger Sq earlier in the year, they don't wear very many clothes, the music was sh!t, we went to the pub instead.
As we were leaving bloke on doors said we wouldn't be allowed back in for Kaiser Chiefs who were on after Little Mix, we of course still went to the pub.

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1821
I've never actually heard a single song by them, and in fact I think the only place I've ever heard them mentioned is Talkback.

I googled them and they look like a bunch of slappers. I'd probably have a go on them if they asked nicely though.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

Reply #1822
The Divarette is a fan. It's not better or worse than Spice Girls/Girls Aloud/The Saturdays etc.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1823
I am forced to listen to them now and again. I don't mind it too much - no worse than much of the Capital Radio fayre around these days. The girls do appear to have quite good voices, although the constant over-elaboration and warbling like a low-rent Whitney Houston on speed tends to spoil it.

I'd rather listen to Taylor Swift, if I have to listen to that sort of music at all.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1824
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Mogwai, but the set they have done on the BBC iplayer for 6music is a really lovely thing.