Skip to main content

Topic: Music thread (Read 79492 times) previous topic - next topic

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Music thread
Saw Muse in Toronto last night. They were good, but not great - definitely my least favourite Muse gig ever, which is slightly surprising given I think the most recent album is my second favourite of their catalogue. The set wasn't especially impressive, and the setlist was weird and didn't work very well.

I did manage to get myself ridiculously drunk though.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• karlmark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Music thread
Reply #1
Muse - the Status Quo of Metal...

• podnli
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
I went to see British Sea Power last night. The band were very good; fainting, knackering my back and having to leave early was not good.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #3
I went to see British Sea Power last Sunday. No injuries were sustained.

The first half* of the set was good but the second half was a bit lacklustre - just a succession of very loud songs; and the same for the encore. I really like their music but it got a bit samey on that occasion. 

• JimShady
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Going to see MS MR in a couple of months in Camden. Solely because I liked their tune which accompanied the Game of Thrones trailer for Season 3.

• Chicago
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

The new Depeche Mode album is a bit odd isn't it.  It's fine when Dave Gahan is singing but when the other bloke is waffling on it sounds like a camp broadway review.  Bit baffling really.  I think they might be better served back on drugs.

Chicago: Bit of a critic
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

• Russ
Reply #6
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #7

The new Depeche Mode album is a bit odd isn't it.  It's fine when Dave Gahan is singing but when the other bloke is waffling on it sounds like a camp broadway review.  Bit baffling really.  I think they might be better served back on drugs.

Chicago: Bit of a critic

God the first single was dreary. I should think that was enough to put anyone off.

• pantzcat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is rather good

• Psychobel
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

God the first single was dreary. I should think that was enough to put anyone off.

But no. I got a ticket to go and see them in Manchester. Never seen them before and theyre bound to do the greatest hits.

• Russ
Reply #10

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is rather good

Good. I really like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Karen O is cool.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #11
They were good live, touring their first album*. I haven't bothered with them since then.

I find their sound hasn't really over the period, and doesn't appear to contain much feeling or emotion. It's a cleverly constructed art rock noise which works fine in the background. 

*It was funny watching the drummer getting more and more annoyed as he had to keep bashing out the drum pattern intro to "Maps", whilst Karen spent 10 minutes offstage powdering her nose.

• Psychobel
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
First album is awesome. After that they've done one song I can recall.

• Russ
Reply #13
They seemed to adopt a slightly more commercial sound after the first, very spikey, album. I think it worked well for them.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #14
No more peace in our household. JP jnr is starting recorder lessons.