Skip to main content

Topic: What I have learned today (Read 79118 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What I have learned today
Reply #30

Well fcuk off and start your own What I learned yesterday thread then.

Easy tiger. I was just amused that such a random fact was something we both learned within 24 hours.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
King of the c*nts.

• DaveM
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
that the Football League receives a percentage of every transfer fee (or compensation deal) made. (Believe its 5%, which is a good racket really...if we sign Wilson for £2.5m bringing our summer spending up to £5m, it will mean we will pay the league a quarter of a million!)

and that transfers between two clubs have to use the FL as the middleman (ie. Forest pay the FL, who forward the money on)
  • Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:22:59 PM by DaveM
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #33

Which was a rip off of this.

And down the right is this little 90s ditty which I hadn't heard for years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcy7g05AbC0

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #34

Reply #35

http://www.nottinghamforestladies.co.uk/component/content/article.html?id=284

Forest ladies are about to be no more.

That's rather sad, but isn't it just another unsustainable business? I don't know a lot about women's football, but as it's starting to finally get some coverage, I'd have thought there would be a bit more money in it than there was back in 1990 when Lisa Dawkins joined and they became a proper unit - according to the rather poor website - or is the funding totally dependant on team by team sponsorship and whatever else they can eke out?

Either way, it's a bit late in the day for any business to be making folding announcements a week before they can't pay the staff any longer (how many do they need - the website is a bit of a mess so not much information). Arsenal Ladies are properly linked from arsenal.co.uk on the front page.

I'd imagine there would be another Nottingham Forest Ladies club fairly soon after if they folded, perhaps with a more realistic budget and expectations on training facilities etc. and a bit more PR nouse.

Perhaps for the best as I'd suggest mismanagement if they're suddenly going to be skint within a week.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #36
Yeah. f*ck em.

• RC
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
Typing 1980 whilst any Youtube vid is playing gets you a nice little easter egg.

• Redeye
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38
Forest Ladies reserves are much better looking than the 1st team.

• graham
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
Sepp? Is that you?
Your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs....

• lurker7
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
Is this a Muslim thing?

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Stephen King once watched a cricket match at Trent Bridge, 23rd August 1998 being as how you asked.

• Lloyd Christmas
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #42
How did you find that out today?  Did he enjoy it?

• Rich B
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43

How did you find that out today?  Did he enjoy it?

Read it on cricinfo and dunno.

• Dean
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
Not sure there's a talkback birthday thread anymore but facebook informs me its our almighty leader well tricky's birthday today, happy birthday you c*nt