Skip to main content

Topic: What I have learned today (Read 79075 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What I have learned today
Reply #1455
Working from home today and got Five Live on the wireless. I had no idea how awful Adrian Chiles is on the radio. It's painfully bad but sort of works because you carry on listening waiting for him to have a 'Richard Madeley' moment.

• Prof. Ingo
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1456
Is that something involving jizzing?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #1457
Is that something involving jizzing?

I was thinking about the time he was discussing infidelity on This Morning and a gay bloke rang in upset that his partner had cheated on him.

Madeley said: "I know exactly what you mean. You just don't like him going behind your back, do you?..."

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #1458
I have learned quite a lot from this really good piece of writing

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/540657/

although the last 8 or so paragraphs made me feel a little ill.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #1459
Single Sex clubs, the "Greek life", beating with paddles, drinking until stupified, pitching members against each other, death a potential cost of success. Are they sure it's not "Roman Life"?  

The future of Western democracy is in safe hands.

• DaveM
Reply #1460
I have learned quite a lot from this really good piece of writing

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/540657/

although the last 8 or so paragraphs made me feel a little ill.

The hazing they do at these ridiculous fraternities are f*cking stupid

Was a good, if depressing, read though
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #1461
That Little Miss BW has a birthday party that Mrs BW is taking her to on Sunday lunchtime. My presence is not required.

I'll be on the sofa with a Sky Sports day pass, which doesn't bode well for Forest unfortunately.

• Russ
Reply #1462
Google has a dead man's switch, literally, in that if your account goes inactive for a certain period of time and their attempts to contact you are unsuccessful, they can provide access to a separately named contact - in other words, if you walk under a bus then eventually they'll give your login details to your next of kin.

https://myaccount.google.com/inactive
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• karlmark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #1463
A piece of movie history will be demolished soon.
Superman (the original 1970s one with Christopher Reeve) was filmed at Pinewood Studios. When they were looking for a location for the bowling scene, the only bowling alley they could find in reasonable condition was The Phoenix Club in Wokingham (not sure if Peter Kay was manager back then), now Wokingham Superbowl. They have built a new bowling alley next door and the current one will close on November 15th and be demolished shortly after. All of the stills showing the filming were removed many years ago, but I always remember going in there when I was younger and seeing the pictures, thinking how cool it was that Superman had sneezed in that very bowling alley...