Skip to main content

Topic: What I have learned today (Read 78428 times) previous topic - next topic

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
What I have learned today
Disappointed to discover that this thread has not made it over from the previous incarnation of the board.

Today I learned that Rick Rubin started the Def Jam record label, which surprised me,
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

• Simon Again
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Re: What I have learned today
Reply #1
I've learned/learnt that Russ doesn't like the latter spelling.

http://trentend.co.uk/index.php?topic=105.0

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #2
That this

http://t.co/B3kPGFEjqD

exists.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I'm glad you pointed us there. I will now die even more confused than I was.
King of the c*nts.

• Russ
Reply #4
The Aerosmith song Dream On is older than I am.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy jet skis. Did you ever see someone on a jet ski who wasn't happy?

Reply #5
That vaping is pretty much like smoking if you are me which, fortunately, I am. One month off the real thing and I'm starting to look into better gear, which will probably end in scuba-style tanks strapped to my back, a permanent snorkel mouthpiece and some weight belts to just about keep my feet on the same rock as everyone else.

It's kept me off the rest of the carcinogens in a smoke quite nicely though, so I'm happy with that.

• DaveM
Reply #6
that the most expensive season ticket at Blackburn Rovers is cheaper than the cheapest season ticket at Forest
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

• Kemo Sabe
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

that the most expensive season ticket at Blackburn Rovers is cheaper than the cheapest season ticket at Forest

Our foreign billionaires are a lot less philanthropic -  but, then again - to fill Blackburn's ground would take more than one-third of the town's adult population. You get the feeling that the Venky's don't really know how many chickens make five. But Blackburn will probably still score a lot more goals than us, and be a more dynamic (if less robust) team than Forest.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #8
I don't know why I am on the Sports Direct mailing list, but it appears now that I am. I learn from their recent promotional email that Robson Green is the face of Dunlop fishing equipment and clothing. Are we back in the 70s, where minor British actors/celebrities and sportsmen had promotional tie-ins with random lifestyle products?

Reply #9

• dj bobbins
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I believe Robson Green presents some fishing type program on the telly, to be fair. Or was that Jerome?

• Andyp
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11

The downside is you have to live in Blackburn to benefit fully. I'd rather pay the extra myself.

• dubya
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12

I believe Robson Green presents some fishing type program on the telly, to be fair. Or was that Jerome?

Robson Green's Extreme Fisting as it's known in our house. By me at least.
King of the c*nts.

• Guru
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
That Tony Hadley lives in the next village to me. True....

• Russ
Reply #14
While he's out, you should go and steal all his chairs.