Skip to main content
Topic: The new fitness thread (Read 37452 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The new fitness thread

Reply #915
Just entered the ballot for the 2018 Chicago Marathon.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #916
Sounds like another mafia event.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #917
Also, I entered Chicago (the Talkbacker, not the city) into the ballot as I know how much he loves running, and with him travelling right now I didn't want him to miss the opportunity.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #918
That'll explain why the board has seemed relatively sane the last few days.

Reply #920
Members of the board aware of my footballing "ability" will be equally aware of my lack of running ability.
This has not put me off applying  for the London Marathon every year knowing I won't get a place.
Unfortunately, the Berlin Marathon organisers don't seem as strong on rejection and I've got a ballot place for next September.
I may die.

Reply #921
Members of the board aware of my footballing "ability" will be equally aware of my lack of running ability.
This has not put me off applying  for the London Marathon every year knowing I won't get a place.
Unfortunately, the Berlin Marathon organisers don't seem as strong on rejection and I've got a ballot place for next September.
I may die.

Nice. Berlin is on my wish list.

I am waiting to hear whether I got a place at next year's Chicago Marathon. Should find out next week.

Reply #922
I may die.
Cushty. You can use Worldnet as a training session. What could possibly go wrong?

Try running shoes with soles.

Reply #923
Nice. Berlin is on my wish list.

I am waiting to hear whether I got a place at next year's Chicago Marathon. Should find out next week.

Oh good I just caught up with this thread.  I suspect it will be rip roaringly hot if you do get in the race so i will pick up a mysterious Ozil type injury if I also get selected.  Don't worry I know plenty of medical types and they will peel you off the ground if you go splat.  Uno there news Donald Trump is trying to defund a lot of cities into losing their sanctuary status so you might not be welcome due to being a displaced Johnny Foreigner.  (although being white might help you make the cut).  

Chicago: Filing for Refugee status.    
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #924
Oh good I just caught up with this thread.  I suspect it will be rip roaringly hot if you do get in the race so i will pick up a mysterious Ozil type injury if I also get selected. 

Did you also enter the ballot?

Reply #925
Also, I entered Chicago (the Talkbacker, not the city) into the ballot as I know how much he loves running, and with him travelling right now I didn't want him to miss the opportunity.

I thought you did.   Sarcasm is the same as lying.  I might mention that at your citizenship interview.

Chicago: Part of the buddy system. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #926

I thought you did.   Sarcasm is the same as lying.  I might mention that at your citizenship interview.

Chicago: Part of the buddy system. 

Of course I didn't actually enter you. I know how you feel about running, I wouldn't try and make you do a marathon.

I will be tapping you up for a room if I get a place though. I will treat you and the lovely Mrs Chicago to dinner at one of the city's many outstanding restaurants, and the two of you plus Mrs Russ can laugh at me falling asleep face down in my appetiser.

Reply #927
Got one of those fitness band things. My sleep hasn't been good for years, so am interested in the patterns.

The app identifies three phases, deep sleep (dark blue), light sleep (light blue) and awake (orange). Last night I had the best night's sleep I've had since getting the band, and the awake periods are reduced to only two periods of about 20 minutes each. But I slept right through.

The app tells me to do more exercise to increase my deep sleep, which is low, but how these "awake" periods bother me. Should they? Other nights, they can be 4 hours in total.

Reply #928
Are the yellow bits where you were w@nking? The second one always takes longer than the first.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #929
Are the yellow bits where you were w@nking? The second one always takes longer than the first.

No idea, I was asleep. Dreaming of w@nking is probably as good as my dreams get so hopefully you're right.