Skip to main content

Topic: What's annoying me today (Read 240585 times) previous topic - next topic

• Russ
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What's annoying me today
Reply #5490
Just call it ham and egg pasta. We all move on.

It tasted fine, but my sauce was lumpy instead of smooth and silky. Given I've made carbonara about a billion times before it's annoying that I made such a schoolboy error.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #5491
Carbonara is basically baby food, so you deserve it.

• Russ
Reply #5492
Carbonara is basically baby food, so you deserve it.

Bad carbonara is. Made correctly, it's a thing of joy and beauty.

Here's the clue: if it's made with cream, it's not f*cking carbonara.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

• Guru
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5493
It tasted fine, but my sauce was lumpy instead of smooth and silky. Given I've made carbonara about a billion times before it's annoying that I made such a schoolboy error.

Assume the pan was well off the heat when you put your eggs/cheese in? The residual heat of the pan and pasta is enough to cook the egg to perfection.

• Russ
Reply #5494
Assume the pan was well off the heat when you put your eggs/cheese in? The residual heat of the pan and pasta is enough to cook the egg to perfection.

I'm fully aware of how to cook carbonara correctly. I wasn't thinking and didn't give the pasta sufficient time to cool before putting the egg and cheese mix in, thus the scrambling.

Reply #5495
I'm fully aware of how to cook carbonara correctly.

I'm beginning to sense the future wind-up potential in suggesting that Russ doesn't know how to cook a carbonara...

• Russ
Reply #5496
I'm beginning to sense the future wind-up potential in suggesting that Russ doesn't know how to cook a carbonara...

There's nothing wrong with my knowledge, the failure is in my execution.

As tricky said, it's bacon and cheese on pasta. Even when it goes wrong it's still good.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #5497
These people.

(Sorry, It's a daily mail link.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4976332/amp/British-couple-s-sex-act-photo-sparks-Rhodes-wedding-ban.html

What kind retard thinks this is 'zany'?

The EU will probably be pleased to get shot of us, truth be told. This is how some British people think it is acceptable to behave, in another country.

• Redeye
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5498
£40,000 on a wedding? Is the aim for the wedding to cost more than the divorce?

Glad I'm married. Won't be spending that money to make the same mistake again.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #5499
East Fife won 5-4 at home today.

But it was against the wrong club you dozy tw@ts! You are only supposed to win 5-4 against Forfar! It's no use getting that score against Albion Rovers!

Honestly, they only have one job, and they can't do it right.

• charlie
  • [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5500
I always thought there was a more pleasing rhythm if Forfar were to win, as in Forfar 5 East Fife 4. Each to their own, I guess.

• jp
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #5501
The ideal for me would be East Fife 4 Forfar 5, but either way, not Albion Rovers.

• Prof. Ingo
Reply #5502
Has it ever happened?

I'm sure I've seen Cambridge United at home to Northampton Town on TV which is of course the other great win in pointless sh!t.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

• tricky
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5503
I'm sure in the early seventies there was a forfar 4 east fife 5. I have a memory of it from sports report at my great grandparents in hyson green. It remains my favourite score of all time.

• garf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Strategy
Reply #5504
I'm sure in the early seventies there was a forfar 4 east fife 5. I have a memory of it from sports report at my great grandparents in hyson green. It remains my favourite score of all time.

Sure you weren't watching Not the Nine o' Clock News?